Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Litter Saga Continues...

As I relax with a cup of tea, and an Odie burrowed in a blanket beside me, I'm googling cat litter boxes. Ahhhhh, my favourite pastime. 


I'm very happy to report that the automatic cat litter box I previously posted about actually works! I followed other's advice and used a cooking spray (canola oil to be exact) on the bottom, and didn't put too much litter in. The trouble with this otherwise amazing machine is that it doesn't have a lid. This means that litter goes everywhere. Also, we made the mistake of buying scented litter, which we normally don't do. Now the litter box is always clean, but we can smell the litter. I found a LitterMaid "Kitty Kabana Cover" for it, but I can still see litter escaping with it. 
Photo: Petco


Now I'm on the hunt for something that I can turn into litter box furniture. Didn't know that litter box furniture existed? Well let me enlighten you. Litter box furniture is basically just furniture that you can fit a litter box in, with a hole somewhere so your cat can get inside. 

Some are cute, and practical:

Photo: catsplay.com
Photo: catsplay.com

Some are crazy insane:

Photo: catsplay.com


I'm planning on going the more practical route. I really love the white one from catsplay, but our space will only work with one that opens from the top for cleaning. I'm a seasoned thrift store shopper, so I'm hoping i'll come across something that will work perfectly. Can't wait!


Drinking: Tetley Decaffeinated Earl Grey Tea. Classic.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to try to make one of those, how practical & organized can you get!

    ReplyDelete